Loan Servicing Specialist - West Bend
Retail Loan Servicing Specialist
Are you a highly efficient and detailed professional with loan operations knowledge? Do you strive to be a continuous learner and want to contribute to the success of a growing bank?
Our employees describe their work environment as “inclusive, decisive, collaborative, respectful and open” and Commerce State Bank has been recognized as top workplace by the Milwaukee Business Journal. Sounds like a great place to work doesn’t it and it is! In addition, our employees enjoy the perks of a competitive hourly wage, plus generous 401k match and profit sharing program.
Below are more details on what makes a successful Retail Loan Servicing Specialist here at Commerce State Bank. Let’s get connected soon –apply today!
The best Retail Loan Servicing Specialist (RRLSS) is a confident, technology savvy individual with general loan operations knowledge. They are a critical thinker, flexible and work best in a fast-paced environment with many interruptions. They are known to be very efficient and accurate and complete tasks in a timely manner. The RLSS is open to instruction and excited to learn new things to help the Bank continue to grow and be successful.
A strong predictor of success for the RRLSS is a past of providing outstanding customer service by building rapport and trust with clients and all employees, regardless of title – they will be expected to wow the client or fellow employee by “delivering above expectations”. They will be able to deal appropriately with a variety of personalities and have the ability to say “no” when needed. This is a fast paced position, therefore working under pressure, making quick and timely decisions and multi-tasking are all imperative. Prioritizing is key with the expectation that email requests will be responded to within an hour.
- Learning the basics: Within the first 30 days, with guidance and training, the RLSS will be learning how to use our systems (FIS Insight, Vision Content, Image Center Cold Plus and Info-Pro), reconciling investor accounts and processing escrow analysis and escrow disbursements.
- Next level tasks: The RLSS will be performing the above duties independently, as well as staring to complete more complex tasks such as processing residential construction draws, submitting loan payments to investors and reconciling and submitting payments to private mortgage insurance companies.
- Trusted resource: Within the first 6 months, the RLSS will be regarded as a trusted resource to employees to assist with their daily loan servicing needs. A focus on becoming fully engaged in the bank’s culture and acting as a positive representative of the department will be continuous for the first several months. The RLSS will also know procedures and be able to complete investor reporting and funds transfers, private mortgage insurance servicing task, credit bureau reporting reviews and disputes, deliver loans to secondary market investors, board new loans on the banks core system, quote payoffs, perform construction draws, analyze escrows, and disburse escrows.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Prioritization and organizational skills
- Customer service and relationship management skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
Requires Associates Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field of study, three to five years of related lending or loan servicing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Commerce State Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Commerce State Bank participates in E-Verify to confirm job applicants’ work authorization.
COMMERCE STATE BANK – Earning Relationships