Are you a highly detailed professional with compliance and deposit knowledge? Do you strive to be a continuous learner and want to contribute to the success of a growing bank?
If you are ready to hit the ground running and are prepared to be part of a team atmosphere, please consider this opportunity! We are open to years of experience. Employees enjoy the perks of a competitive hourly wage, plus generous 401k match and profit sharing program.
Below are more details on what makes a successful Compliance Coordinator here at Commerce State Bank. Let’s get connected soon –apply today!
The best Compliance Coordinator (CC) is a self-reliant, proactive individual with general compliance knowledge, gained through a combination of education and experience. They are flexible, with periods of working in a fast-paced environment with many interruptions and also with periods of reviewing daily reports and auditing accounts with little to no interruptions. They are known for their accurate tactical skills and maintain composure during high workload times, and learn from their mistakes. Plus they have the ability to connect with employees while holding others accountable for their compliance-related actions. The CC is always willing to work hard and learn new things, which can result in a lot of opportunity for growth in the field.
A strong predictor of success for a CC is a past of providing outstanding customer service by building rapport and trust with all employees, regardless of title. At times, this is a fast-paced position, therefore working under pressure, making quick and timely decisions and multi-tasking are all imperative. The reliable, positive and responsive CC will partner with the VP of Compliance to keep the employees well trained and educated on all things compliance, without being the “gotcha” person. The CC will play an integral role in the compliance brand, as we become the envy of other bank’s compliance departments, while keeping up with an always-changing regulation environment, resulting in overall growth and success for the bank.
- Performs daily audit of new accounts and account maintenance activity.
- In conjunction with the Compliance Officer, ensures compliance with all rules and regulations including but not limited to: UDAAP, Truth In Savings, Truth in Lending, OFAC, CRA and HMDA.
- Assists in the investigation, documentation, and monitoring of compliance with these rules and regulations.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of the Bank’s Compliance Training Program.
- Serves as an Information Resource for deposit and lending compliance, both internally and externally, including but not limited to: account titling, IRA, Trusts and OFAC.
- Assists in the completion of Garnishments and Levies received.
- Assists in the gathering of information and response to External Auditors on Compliance Audit Reports as well as in response to regulatory agencies for consumer compliance examinations.
- Assists with gathering of information and completion of Committee reports relating to Compliance and Audit including taking minutes and submitting to Board.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Prioritization and organizational skills
- Customer service and relationship management skills
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
Requires an Associate Degree (preferred); or High School Diploma or general education diploma (GED) and three to five years previous compliance, account opening or personal banker experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience is a plus, but we will train a smart go-getter who desires a long-term, fulfilling career with a solid company.
Commerce State Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Commerce State Bank participates in E-Verify to confirm job applicants’ work authorization.