Commercial Loan Administration Manager
Are you a highly detailed and organized professional with management and commercial loan processing experience? Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment and want to contribute to the success of a growing bank?
Our employees describe their work environment as “inclusive, decisive, collaborative, respectful and open” and Commerce State Bank has been recognized as top workplace by the Milwaukee Business Journal for three consecutive years. Sounds like a great place to work doesn’t it, and it is! In addition, our employees enjoy the perks of a competitive hourly wage, plus generous 401k match and profit-sharing program.
Below are more details on what makes a successful Commercial Loan Administration Manager (CLAM) here at Commerce State Bank. Let’s connect soon! Apply today!
The successful candidate is a confident, technology savvy individual with management experience of integrating and assisting the day-to day workflow of our Commercial Loan Coordinators, Processers and Booking staff. They are a critical thinker and work best in a fast-paced, high loan volume environment and assures all departmental tasks are completed accurately, timely, efficiently, and within the Bank’s loan policy and underwriting requirements, and consistent with regulatory safe banking practices and the SBA’s SOP. Provides recommendations, directs and develops training to improve systems, processes, and procedures to ensure efficient workflows along with the quality control parameters established for the department.
A strong predictor of success for the CLAM is a past of providing outstanding management and leadership to build rapport and trust with staff and creating an environment to wow our clients or fellow employees by delivering above expectations. They will be a “working manager” that will be expected to assist with the due diligence process, generating loan documents and/or booking loans during peak volume periods. This is a fast-paced position, with firm deadlines that create work pressure requiring quick and timely decisions, and the ability to multi-task are all imperative.
- Learning the basics: Within the first 30 days, with guidance and training, the CLAM will be learning how to use our systems (FIS Insight, Vision Content, Compliance One), develops an understanding of the department workflows, develops collaboration with the Credit and Client Services departments, and the Commercial Lending Team.
- Next level tasks: The CLAM will determine the staffing requirements and skill development required to meet the loan volume demand of the department; work with the Client Services Manager and Credit Manager, to evaluate and implement a workflow system to improve the efficiency and production volume of the department; and actively manage the various loan reports, tickler system and post-closing quality control to protect the Bank.
- Trusted resource: Within the first 6 months, the CLAM will be regarded as a trusted resource to department staff, the Credit and Client Services departments, and the Commercial Lending Team. They will have implemented a workflow system that increases the productivity of the department and improves its efficiency. And, has structured the resources of the department, consistent with the implemented workflow process, while assuring that all departmental tasks are completed accurately, timely, efficiently, and within the Bank’s loan policy and underwriting requirements, and consistent with regulatory safe banking practices and the SBA’s SOP.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent management and leadership skills
- Written and oral communication skills
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field of study, three to five years of commercial processing experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Commerce State Bank provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. Commerce State Bank participates in E-Verify to confirm job applicants’ work authorization.